question

ciprian-dobrescu avatar image
ciprian-dobrescu asked

multi plus 48/3000 parallel with grid

Hello.

I use a Multi plus 48/3000 inverter which is connected to the grid via the Virtual switch function. The batteries are charged only from MPPT.

The network comes into operation only when the batteries are discharged or when the consumption exceeds the value set by me. AC1 is 16 amps. The network also has 16 amps. The inverter has 13A.

How can I make the inverter work in parallel with the grid, in order to have a higher power? (16 amps + 13 amps).

Thank you

grid parallel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@ciprian dobrescu

You are describing power assist.

Set your input current limit to under the 16A limit 15A or so.

There are a few articles on the subject.

Then run the load. Obviously virtual switch will need to be turned off or altered.

A couple of points here though. You will see overload warnings since you will be running loads higher than you can invert. Run them on AC 2 so if it disconnects from grid source the load is also disconnected automatically to prevent overload, both on the battery bank and on the inverter.

Also your batteries may not charge during this kind of load, it depends on what your transfer amps are on the model you have.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ciprian-dobrescu avatar image
ciprian-dobrescu answered ·

Hi. I do not use power assist. My system is running in off grid mode most of the time and will only let the grid in when the batteries are empty or when the Ac load is bigger then inverter power(13amps). I set inverter in mode "virtual switch ignore AC". In this mode, when load are bigger then 13amps batteries are ignored and AC from grid(16amps) is in.

The question is "Can I take power from inverter 13amps and power from grid 16amps in the same time to have a power of 29amps on a single exit(AC1)?"

Thank you

5 comments
2 |3000

Elimac avatar image Elimac commented ·
This is power assist...
0 Likes 0 ·
ciprian-dobrescu avatar image ciprian-dobrescu Elimac commented ·

power assist means the inverter supplements the grid power with the batteries. I want the batteries to be helped by the grid when the load increases.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ ciprian-dobrescu commented ·

@ciprian dobrescu

Where do you think the 13A is going to come from when you are wanting to run your 29A loads and solar is not sufficient?

0 Likes 0 ·
ciprian-dobrescu avatar image ciprian-dobrescu Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Thanks Alexandra. You open my mind. It is power assist....
0 Likes 0 ·
ciprian-dobrescu avatar image ciprian-dobrescu Elimac commented ·
Yes . It is power assist.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic