question

simple avatar image
simple asked

Solar to Grid if not enough

I am moving my solar panels which were used Off grid on my RV until I built my new small house which is now ON the Grid. I am looking for a way to use the Grid if solar is not enough (only 1700W) currently and not blow a fuse. I need to know the settings on the Inverter/Charger and Charge Controller.

Electrically, I understand that I need to move the breakers off the Grid panel to a Critical Load panel, just 4 at this point and replace with a breaker just 30Amp breaker with the Victron Inverter/Charger in between. Do I need other isolation other than the Hot side fuse and I would prefer the transfer to be automatic.

I am not interested at feeding back to the Grid as that will never be the case until I get more panels, etc.

Does anyone have a drawing so I get it right the first time, otherwise I will not have heat, hot water, stove (all propane) and one kitchen lighting circuit if the Critical load output from the victron panel does not work

grid parallel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

This is a case where you should discuss with your friendly dealer.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic