question

joel-groves avatar image
joel-groves asked

mpptprefs or older Victron Connect app download?

Does anyone have a copy/archive of older versions of the Victron Connect app for PC? The full details are below. mpptprefs is also an option but I can't find a copy online anymore.

---

I have a MPPT75/15 being used as part of a small solar setup for running security cameras on my garage. I have the 4-pin serial port on the MPPT connected to a radio transceiver that relays commands to/from a raspberry Pi at my house. This then extracts various parameters from the ve.direct output (once per second) and sends data to SmartThings so I can see all the details on a wall tablet that is part of my home-automation setup.

This has worked for years, no trouble. Every now and then I would connect my house-side transceiver to Victron Connect on the PC to do firmware updates etc. Again, no trouble.

However, when trying this recently, Victron Connect just can't find the controller. I have verified that comms is working ok bi-directionally. The Android app also cannot communicate with the controller when using a USB-OTG adapter hosting the radio transceiver. In both cases (PC and Android apps) I can load a terminal emulator and see the data coming in from the controller.

So my guess is soemthing is broken in later versions of the Victron Connect apps. I realise this setup is probably not familiar to all, but it has worked reliably bi-directionally for many years without a hitch. At some point I seem to have lost the ability to have data received by the controller.

I did notice that when I unplugged and replugged the connection to the MPPT controller, the load came on! I wonder if the thing is set to have th eload controlled by the RX pin. But how to change this after it has been set (and how did it get that way). Pulling both battery and solar power to reset the unit does not help.

Thanks.

MPPT SmartSolarVE.Direct
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi! Mpptprefs is available for download on https://professional.victronenergy.com/

I’d expect VictronConnect to just work also with older MPPT 75/15 models. Please let me know how it goes with mpptprefs.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.