question

offthegrid avatar image
offthegrid asked

Unable to connect to Cerbo GX in anyway

Hi Everyone,

I have a Cerbo GX and it has been working fine with the Venus OS Large running on it for months. Now all of a sudden the Wifi access point is continuously flashing red. I can no longer connect to the unit by LAN or by the VRM portal. I tried re-adding the device back into the VRM but I am presented with the portal ID can not be found. When I tried to connect to the device in the browser with the local IP address I am presented with a message "Failed to connect. Make sure to enable Remote
Console for LAN, and reboot the device.". Has anyone experienced these issues and can anyone suggest a fix?

Thanks in advance.

cerbo gx
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Can you still access the Cerbo via Bluetooth?
If yes, you could try to change network settings so that it connects to a different router (or mobile hotspot). If successful, you should be able to connect to the remote console to change settings as required.

If not, then I think it is best to get a replacement from your dealer where you purchased the device.
There is no reset button. Re-flashing requires expert knowledge and additional hardware. So that's not recommended.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Offthegrid

It may be best to flash it to defaults again.

Sometimes they are recoverable. Sometimes not.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

offthegrid avatar image offthegrid commented ·
Hi Alexandra,

How can I flash the unit if I can't access the unit is the hard reset button comb on the device?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ offthegrid commented ·

You can try insert the card after disconnecting power. Then connect power so it will boot up.

Or insert the card. Wait a few seconds. Cut the power and then reconnect to power. It's a touch one to do especially if you dont have a screen. Have you tried connecting an hdmi screen to see what is happening?

Another thing that came to mind is connect it to lan. And see whats happening.

0 Likes 0 ·
offthegrid avatar image offthegrid Alexandra ♦ commented ·
I will try that thanks. When I connect it to a LAN environment I can see the router assigning an IP address to the device so it is able to communicate back to the VRM portal. But still unable to register the device. I will try to connect via HDMI

0 Likes 0 ·