question

dash-wood avatar image
dash-wood asked

Viltron MultiPlus playing up suddenly?

Hi I have a Victron Multiplus Compact 1600/70on my boat that has worked perfectly until recently. I was able to run a small mains electric heater when hooked up to shore power with no problem via the inverter but now suddenly the alarm goes off when I try to use it.

Also the charger only mode will not switch on, instead it clicks, then the green inverter light comes on momentarily then goes of, then cycles through going on and off. Nothing has changed recently other than the installation of a solar panel that is hooked up to the leisure batteries only via an MPPT. I wonder if:

The leisure batteries have reached the end of their life 3x 180ah probably 5 years old.

The Victron has a fault of some type, I have a video of the operation I have described above.

Somehow the installation of a Solar Panel has caused a problem.

Any ideas? - thanks - Paul

fault
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

You can test the panel theory by disconnecting the panel, followed by disconnecting the MPPT from the batteries.

Check the panel/MPPT wiring carefully.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·

@Dash wood

What is the battery voltage when you try to charge it with the MP?

How "small" is this electric heater? Is power from the shore sufficient for it, or your MP had to "power assist"?

Is your MPPT set up for 12V battery?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Faults with Victron equipment are best discussed directly with your dealer - this can be formalised with this support request form.