question

Stan Posthumus avatar image
Stan Posthumus asked

Can I add a second GX Touch 50?

I have a Cerbo GX and GX Touch 50 in the salon of my boat. Can I adda second GX Touch 50 at the helm, and how? TIA

gx device
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

snakesteve avatar image snakesteve commented ·

I am also interested in adding a second GX Touch 50. I would like to have one inside my RV for private use and control - and another unit for outside use during my renewable energy education programs. The outside unit would be inside an electronics cabinet and viewable from outside the vehicle through a piece of tempered glass so it would be out of the weather.

I am wondering if anyone knows if this would be possible by using an HDMI splitter cable to send the display functions to two GX Touch 50's?

If this first idea will not work does anyone know if it would be possible to send the GX screen image data in real-time to a tablet or small monitor that would serve the same visual function as the Touch 50 but just be a system monitor without touch screen control?

Thank you -

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B snakesteve commented ·

This maybe of help -

You could add a Tablet and then connect to the exisiting GX unit by wifi or lan cable, the this would then display what the GX unit is doing.

You do not have to be connected to the VRM to do this - you would need to use a fixed IP address for the Cerbo Lan or Wifi Connection only one IP address mirror can be shown at any one time.
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
ev-gavia avatar image
ev-gavia answered ·

I don't think you can do this (someone correct me if i'm wrong).

Our plan is to have the GX Touch 50 connected and displayed in the Salon, and then old tablets/phones connected via bluetooth or local WIFI to stream the same visual and control information to those that the touch 50 sees, say to the helm. I've tested this and it works fine.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

A lot of the newer chart plotters will also display the cerbo screen ie the Raymarine Axiom range does this well. so maybe check out the chart plotter that you currently have and see if its compatable

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic