question

angelos2 avatar image
angelos2 asked

Is it possible to setup a time for when ACOut 2 turns on or off on a MultiPlus-II

Hi,

I was wondering if its possible to turn ACOut 2 on or off by the time and not just by the Programmable Relay assistant set parameters? I would really like to have my ACOut 2 turn on at say 12pm and then turn off at 6pm.

This way my hot water tank can always heat up no matter what the weather conditions are and or state of charge is as i have set it now. This way i can utilize more of the suns energy and even on a really good day ensuring my batteries can last the night.

cheers

relay assistant
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

The MultiPlus-II does not have a real time clock in it, so it's not possible to set time based events in the device.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

AC Out 2 only functions when AC in is active.

2 |3000

angelos2 avatar image
angelos2 answered ·

Could the MultiPlus-II maybe read the time from the Venus GX Gateway ?

The setup is grid connected so ACin is always active and ACOut 2 can be programmed to turn on and off when ACIn is active by a number of different parameters eg. Battery Voltage, State of charge, Overload and a few others but unfortunately not by the time.

cheers

2 comments
2 |3000

bathnm avatar image bathnm commented ·

Connect a relay on the Cerbo to one of the Aux inputs on the MultiPlus. Then use the Cerbo to open and close the relay at a given time (maybe using the gen start/stop or a script). An assistant on the MultiPlus can then toggle AC2 Out on or off based on the Aux input.

0 Likes 0 ·
shaneyake avatar image shaneyake bathnm commented ·
This is the way we do it. Can also program multiplus to turn off AC2 at overload warning for off grid operation.
0 Likes 0 ·
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

Install a water heater timer?

2 |3000

angelos2 avatar image
angelos2 answered ·

Looks like that’s the only way for now.

Cheers

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic