question

dirty-d avatar image
dirty-d asked

MPPT 100 20 Not bluetooth to phone after software update

I've had a MPPT installed in my ute for the last 2 years to connect the panel for lights, fridge etc when camping. I just hooked up the panel & fridge to make sure everything was working prior to an up coming trip when a notification came up to update the software which I did. The unit no longer bluetooths to my phone. It is shown on the bluetooth connections page in the settings menu on the phone as being available but when I open the screen to input the pin (000000) it connects, the connection get to about 80% then it goes to the pin input again. Looking at the LEDs on the unit it appears to be charging ( solid blue) & when disconnected the light is blinking. I'm hoping its a straight forward reset thing but I'm no computer/ phone/ electronics guru so if I get any replies assume your talking to a bit of a techo monkey! Thanks

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @dirty D

Please do not connect to the solar charger from the Android bluetooth menu (where it shows as available). When possible, select it in VictronConnect. When it does not accept the expected pincode, try to reset the pincode using the PUK code on the sticker on the solar charger and the following procedure: https://ve3.nl/VictronConnect_ResetPIN
This resets the pincode back to "000000". After resetting the pincode, try to connect again in VictronConnect using this default pincode.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dirty-d avatar image dirty-d commented ·

Thanks for that information. I didn't get a chance to look at it today but I do recall that it prompted me a few to reset the puk code. I just didn't know what that was. Now I do! I'll have a go at it tomorrow ( Thursday night in Australia now; I'm guessing you are in Europe) Thanks a lot for that; I'll let yo know how I get on.

0 Likes 0 ·
dirty-d avatar image dirty-d commented ·

Finally got a chance to do the reset as described & all appears ok now.

Thanks to all who replied

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Might be that the phone is hanging onto the connection.

Close the connect app.

In the phone bluetooth devices, delete the mppt.

Restart the app, connect from there, not the phone bluetooth software.

Is the phone android, or Apple?

2 |3000

dirty-d avatar image
dirty-d answered ·

I have just tried that. still no good. Tried inputing the pin a few times, keeps telling me the HQ1830QYRXI isnt ready to connect. The phone is old, A samsung s5 but its working fine, is working with the DC-DC charger fine. I've disconnected the solar charger for the accessory battery & reconnected it, shut down the phone & restarted it. When I get the phone near the vehicle it shows the DC-DC charger as a connected device that I can delete from the phone & reconnect but because the solar charger is shown as a available device I dont seem to be able to delete it completely. This has only happened since the software update. Worked fine one minute, didnt work after. I hope I dont get any messages about an update for the DC-DC. be steering well away from that!

2 |3000

srt4fun avatar image
srt4fun answered ·

When setting it up for the first time it asks you to change the default pin for security reasons. Do you happen to know a pin you would have used in that case? Or did you leave it at “000000”? If you did happen to change it and not remember what you changed it to… you would have to get a ve.direct to USB adapter cable, install the victron connect app on a laptop, and reset it from there.

2 |3000

matt09 avatar image
matt09 answered ·

I have the same problem from time to time with an elderly iPhone.

As kevgermany says above:-

"Close the connect app.

In the phone bluetooth devices, delete the mppt.....

What I then have to do is reboot the phone before ....connect from there, not the phone bluetooth software."

Not sure if this applies to Android, but might be worth a try?

2 |3000