question

jeffryk avatar image
jeffryk asked

VE Can Resistive Tank Sender Adaptor - Connecting Multiple Tanks

I have six resistive Tank Sensors installed with four directly connected to the Cerbo and working. To add the additional two tank sensors this adaptor seems to be the solution. The manual states:

It supports up to 16 tanks of each type

But looking at the connections it appears it can only connect a single pair of wires from the tank sender.

Can I connect multiple tank senders to this unit or just a single unit? Since the price is about US$350 is would seem it should be able to connect more than a single tank sender.

Jeff

tank monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi Jeff, I'm afraid I have to disappoint you: the VE.Can Resistive Tank Sender Adapter can only take one tank.

What that line in the manual refers to is that you could use 16 of them max in a system.

We do, by now, have other far more cost effictive solutions available. Check out our GX Tank 140, its a USB accessory for the Color Control GX.

Since it does voltage and mA only, not resistive, it would mean you need to swap some of your resistive senders for something else.

all the best, Matthijs

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bobke avatar image
bobke answered ·

I wonder how you realized the connection of 4 resistive Tank sensors to the Cerbo?

Documentation tells me that it only works with voltage or current type of sensors?
I was already planning to replace all of my sensors, but maybe it is not necessary with your solution?

Looking forward for your reaction

Bob

2 comments
2 |3000

pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell commented ·

You are confusing this with the GX Tank 140 which can take 4 voltage or 4-20mA current type sensors.

1 Like 1 ·
Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

The Cerbo GX has 4 resistive tank inputs

resistive.png

For more information please see the user manual, datasheet, and GX device comparison pages here!

0 Likes 0 ·
resistive.png (90.8 KiB)