question

thomas-tesselaar avatar image
thomas-tesselaar asked

multi plus overloads

I have had consistent issues with my site.

I have a 5kw Multi Plus and There is 5kw of PV DC coupled through a smart solar charge controller 250/85

I also have 5kw PV on a Fronius , grid connected (line side of the multi plus) and it works fine, and is picked up on the colour control.

Its all on the VRM Portal

Overload is the most common fault, however battery temp sensor error has also occurred.

I have 24 Narada 1000Ah 2volt batteries

Due to the irregularity of the overloads, I have installed a bypass switch which now feeds my house load from the grid and not from the victron / battery system. (My intention is to use my battery power at night and feed any excess power to the grid during the day)

Today it went out on overload, however there was no load on the system.

-0.7A DC, 55.32vDC, 3wAC power.

I have high AC street voltage, which got up to 259vac earlier, but it was only 245v when it overloaded.

At the same minute as the overload the System PV Yield 2.30kw to 3.897kw. does this give any clues?

Thanks

Thomas

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargererror
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

Overload issues can be very difficult to identify, and difficult to get repaired when is only happens incidentally.

As Paul writes: make sure everything is up to date (firmware)

I don't know if high input voltage can attribute, I think it shoulnd't.

I'd bypass the inverter (no load on it) and wait to see if it overloads by itself, check what AC-in did at that moment and contact Victron Support for repair / warranty.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Have you got the System uptodate with the firmware versions

especially the Quattro and its assistants

2 |3000

brucesakai avatar image
brucesakai answered ·

I over loaded my multiplus 2 and it will not reset. Any suggestions?

2 |3000