question

philip53 avatar image
philip53 asked

I have a DMC, Cerbo, VE BMS, with a Multiplus 3KW 120v. Where does DMC connect?

My install is finished with all Victron components, as per the title, including 2 - 200ah Smart Lithium batteries. The system is working, but I have a question as to where the DMC should be connected. It is currently plugged into the Cerbo, but I have seen many conflicting ways to connect it. Maybe it should connect in the 'remote panel' port of the VE BMS. Any ideas? Thanks!

Digital Multi Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @philip53,

the DMC should connect to the VE.Bus BMS 'remote panel' port.

See also the application example in the data sheet of the VE.Bus BMS.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

philip53 avatar image
philip53 answered ·

Thanks Stephanie, I have been following your build(s) for some time now. Like I said in the post, it has been working fine, but I wanted to ask. I did just finish moving some wiring and I connected the DMC to the VE Bus BMS. It seems to work the same, but my standby drain on the batteries was cut from approx 8 watts to 4 watts. Probably, because with my DMC in the off position, when connected to the Cerbo, the amp setting display on the DMC was lit up. Now, with the DMC connected to the BMS, the amp display is off. Plus, I had noticed that the Cerbo was always a bit warm when in standby, but not sure if that will change with the different routing of the DMC cord.

2 comments
2 |3000

To be honest, I never tried connecting the DMC directly to the Cerbo and I don't know the limits. But good to know that it is working too even if with more power drain.
0 Likes 0 ·
philip53 avatar image philip53 Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
Thanks for your comments
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic