question

centerisl avatar image
centerisl asked

Cerbo GX to autostart NL M643 - Preheat?

Just installed a Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, Multiplus 3000VA, and Touch 50 on my 36' boat.

I would now like to hook up the Cerbo GX gen start to the circa 1999 Northern Lights M643 5KW with Series 3 generator control panel. I can probably figure out the connection to the "Engine Control Switch" to start, but how do I handle the "Shutdown Bypass - Preheat Switch" for preheat? From cold I am used to holding that for 10 seconds or so before starting. I can't seem to find any Preheat functionality in the Cerbo GX docs...there used to be a "GSC300 Auto Start Engine Controller" for that generator that seems out of production...there are other generator controllers on (for example) Amazon. Do I need something else? Any pointers appreciated.

cerbo gxGenerator
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

blackbird avatar image blackbird commented ·
Were you able to get the auto start working?
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

youneed to buy a generator autostart interface, something like a dc20 - then setup some relays etc to do this

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.