question

jackson510 avatar image
jackson510 asked

Multiplus Compact Firmware Update Failure

While trying to complete a firmware update to a new Multiplus Compact 12/2000/80/120 via VictronConnect (laptop connection via MK3-USB) the update failed (no error code given). Now the unit shows a rapid blinking yellow "charger" light. The MK3-USB device cannot establish a connect through any of the toolkit software (VEFlash, etc.). Not sure where to go from here to troubleshoot the issue further. Submitted a help request for distributor support but hoping the group here has more ideas.

firmware updatemultiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

If you already tried to use VEflash there is not much we can do/tell you. Using VEflash is the last thing you can do as an end user and normally should work. I already recovered a few MultiPlus after a failed VictronConnect update.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Ronald Rink avatar image
Ronald Rink answered ·

Hi there. I know I am a little bit late in the game. But I had the exact same issue on two Victron MultiPlus Compact 12/1600 (model 2606) after a failed firmware update from v481 to v502.

The firmware updates were done with different MK3-USB devices (one USB-A and the other USB-C) and with different network cables. The PC was a Windows PC running Window 11 and the latest Victron Connect app.

VEFlash did not recognise the MultiPlus when I tried to manually update the firmware for recovery and the recovery option in Victron Connect did not help either when I used the "Force detection" option.

In one of the manuals I read that the recovery for a MultiPlus Compact can only be made when connected to a DC power source (and the AC power source had to be disconnected).

So, I connected a BlueSmart charger in "PowerSupply" mode to the MultiPlus (set to 14V) and retried the "Force detection" option in VictronConnect. After that, the app "found" the MultiPlus and I was able to redo the firmware update. And at that time, it succeeded,. But only, once I powered up via DC.

Maybe this is of help to others if they run into the same problem.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic