Hi,

My setup actually looks very simple and is just for updates and tests:

1xMultiplus2 5k:

• AC-IN1 = grid
  • no AC-OUT1/2 connected
  • switch: charger only

PV charger = no PV array connected

no battery connected, PV charger is powered by Multiplus2

to measure grid loads a smartmeter is connected via modbus-tcp.

the problem is, there's a difference between grid L1 and ac-loads L1, but ther shouldn't
L1 ac-loads shows always min. >10W more consumption than the power meter/grid. L2 and L3 show's correct values.
grid-vs-acloads.png

Does someone know the cause of that? the value looks to me calculated, but why and where?

greets

Energy Meter
grid-vs-acloads.png (35.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@herculess

One of the phases will have your system self consumption on it most likely.

18W seems about correct for an inverter and gx load. The value is most likely calculated not sure if you are metering both sides?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

herculess avatar image
herculess answered ·

i am just measuring the grid - which includes the self consumption of the inverter/gx etc.
so it is a software issue, that it calculates a value which isn't there.

2 |3000

neco-energies avatar image
neco-energies answered ·

Hello, I have the same problem but more big difference.

victronvrm.png

Can you help me with that ?

Thank you

victronvrm.png (79.3 KiB)
2 |3000

ted avatar image
ted answered ·

Same Problem sometimes... Happens in my case with a Dryer if i turn it on1665843819028.png

1665843819028.png (67.9 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

ted avatar image ted commented ·
I checked the EM24 Phase order, it was L1-L3-L2 in my case. I fixed it, and all measured fine
0 Likes 0 ·
Stan avatar image
Stan answered ·

I have the same issue, but in single phase instalation.

I found out that voltage measured by MP2 is higher than in ET340 and also than I measured with multimeter. Difference is around +5V.

So maybe this is the issue for incorrect calculation of AC loads.

2 |3000

Related Resources