question

sesshoumaru avatar image
sesshoumaru asked

ET340 or EM24 - phase information

I have another, probably newbie, question about the Energy Meters to use.
As I am in Germany I assume Victron recommends the usage of the EM24. The description says it calculate the power over all phases and does not do it by adding up the three individual phases.

Does that mean it is not able to deliver the load information per phase to the GX device?
The curious person in me would like to see what happens on each phase, even if that is no inhertent added value.

I am planning with 3 smart meters in a three phase Quattro II system.
One Grid-Meter, one for the existing AC-coupled PV system and one for the generator.

Energy Meter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

With 3 phase grid and 1 phase ESS you should use an EM24.
With 3 phase grid and 3 phase ESS you can use the ET340.
The ET340 in a 1 phase ESS will give you a wrong visualization on the VRM portal (the system will work as it should!).

Mit 3 Phasen Netz und 1 Phasen ESS sollte man ein EM24 nutzen.
Mit 3 Phasen Netz und 3 Phasen ESS kann man den ET340 nehmen.
Der ET340 bringt Fehler bei der Visualisierung im VRM Portal (das System arbeitet dennoch wie es soll!).

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sesshoumaru avatar image sesshoumaru commented ·
I've going with a 3-phase grid and 3-phase ESS. Going the whole hog :)

I only thought about the EM24 because it has a LCD display, .. understood, I will then plan for ET340 (eht-version). Thanks for the help :)

0 Likes 0 ·
sesshoumaru avatar image
sesshoumaru answered ·

Darn ... there seems to be no version of the ET340 which can be connected via ethernet.
Guess then I will use the EM24. Can somebody confirm that I still get to see the loads of all three individual phases with it?

2 |3000

raymiller avatar image
raymiller answered ·

Full access to all the energy meter readings is visible under the Remote Console. VRM dashboard will not show correctly but the voltage, current and power readings (excluding any energy readings) will be collected by VRM data.

2 |3000

raymiller avatar image
raymiller answered ·

I might add that you can also address more than one ET340 on the RS485 bus if you change the address of the second meter to "2" using the meter manufactures software. But again VRM dashboard shows all the wrong readings.

1 comment
2 |3000

sesshoumaru avatar image sesshoumaru commented ·
I am aware, but I planned to go with Ethernet to connect the threes meters I will have.

I have a three phase system and do not plan to use VRM (my data shall not leave my house).

0 Likes 0 ·
fkai avatar image
fkai answered ·

Hi,
I'd like to build a Zero Feed-In system with MultiPlus II 1 phase (3-phase grid)
ESS with Pylontech US3000 Modules
Solarinput by SmartSolar MPPT 250/100 VE.Can

Location is Germany / Bavaria / Augsburg

My question:
Which is the better "Grid-Meter"?
- EM24
or
- ET340

that zero feed in works correctly

2 |3000

Related Resources