question

spoton avatar image
spoton asked

App setting

Hi, I've just installed a orion B2B charger,I have lead acid battery so changed the absorption to 14.4v, but in the app under Absorption (automatically calculates absorption time) do i flick this to on or leave it alone,any help would be appreciated thanks

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Spoton

With adaptive charging the orion will work out based on voltage and how long it takes in bulk, how long to run the absorption time for. I usually leave this one to adaptive for lead acids based batteries.

Absorption

When the battery voltage reaches the absorption voltage setting, the controller switches to constant voltage mode. For lead acid batteries it is important that during shallow discharges the absorption time is kept short in order to prevent overcharging of the battery. After a deep discharge the absorption time is automatically increased to make sure that the battery is completely recharged. For lithium batteries absorption time is fixed, default 2 hours. The fixed or adaptive mode can be chosen on the battery settings.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.