question

jesus-bermudez avatar image
jesus-bermudez asked

what is the derating factor of height in victron equipment?

what is the loss of efficiency by height in victron equipment

MPPT ControllersMultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargervictron products
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Pat Davitt avatar image
Pat Davitt answered ·

It has to do with the insulating and heat dispersion capabilities of the atmosphere at higher elevations. See the below post:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/7443/my-blue-solar-is-only-good-for-2000m-of-altitude.html

Pat

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

daniel1957 avatar image daniel1957 commented ·

insulating and heat dispersion changes at altitude??? - surely not to any practical application for us ?

page not found

0 Likes 0 ·
Pat Davitt avatar image Pat Davitt daniel1957 commented ·

I have to apologize, the Post link did not come over correctly. Below is the link to the referenced article:

https://www.edn.com/electronics-blogs/power-supply-notes/4402833/How-does-altitude-affect-AC-DC-power-supplies-

Pat

1 Like 1 ·
jesus-bermudez avatar image jesus-bermudez commented ·

currently there is a project with victron energy equipment in Peru at an altitude of 4800 meters above sea level

0 Likes 0 ·
daniel1957 avatar image daniel1957 jesus-bermudez commented ·

Yes of course at 4,800 m ASL things change - you are almost amongst the angels there .... one learns all the time, makes one think of the extra design criteria required on space craft electronics ....

I am only a pleb living at a lowly 700 m ASL :)

0 Likes 0 ·
jesus-bermudez avatar image jesus-bermudez daniel1957 commented ·

jajajajajaaj Yes of course

0 Likes 0 ·
daniel1957 avatar image
daniel1957 answered ·

by "height" do you mean altitude?

If so, why would there be any derating?

1 comment
2 |3000

jesus-bermudez avatar image jesus-bermudez commented ·

yes altitude

0 Likes 0 ·