question

randallrm avatar image
randallrm asked

iphone wont pari to BMV 712

I had not used my system for a 2 months and recently disconnected my batteries. I then tried to connect to my SmartBMV712. It would go to about 40%, then start over and go to 1%. Then it would say it is unable to connect and to input the code on the screen to pair with my phone. But there is no code displayed. When and where do you add this code? When the Bluetooth Pairing Request is displayed ("Smart BMV HQ..." would like to pair with your phone. Enter the code shown on...Do not do anything on SmartBMV HQ..."until pairing is complete)? I tried entering the PUK, but it has letters. I tried the pin and nothing. Seems I am locked out and can not pair. PS it is an iPhone SE

thank you

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

The puk is used to reset the password in the BMV if its been changed from 000000 (6 Zeros)

so reset the password back to 000000 or try a BMV factory reset ( all held data will be lost if you do a reset)

otherwise try some other phone to connect -

has the phone had a update added - is the BMV in the middle of a firmware update - There are plenty of other suggestions in other posts as well

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi,

When the iPhone is asking for a code that is shown, it is really asking for the pin code. So just enter the pin code that has been set (or "000000" when the pincode was not changed). When the pincode does not seem to work, please try to reset the pincode to "000000" using the puk code and the procedure described here: https://ve3.nl/VictronConnect_ResetPIN . After resetting the pin, try to connect and when it askes for a code, fill in the now reset pincode of "000000".

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000