question

yeswhynot avatar image
yeswhynot asked

question to experts :what are the differences between ip65 and ip67 ?

if one can detail the differences between ip65 and ip67 that would help me i feel confused reading the pdf..

battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

10 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The obvious different is the higher IP rating. Functional there is no difference.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

The 65 is a plug in charger with clips for connecting to the battery. Once you finished, it can be unplugged, put away.

The 67 is wall mounted, permanently wired, you would need a plug and cable between that and the wheelchair.

Both are programmed via a bluetooth app on your phone using the victron connect app. This app is common to Many victron devices. Some battery settings are preprogrammed, but you can override. Ideally use the parameters from the battery manufacturer as they can vary. The charge algorithms are sophisticated/state of the art and will satisfy all the requirements in your other post. The only gotcha is that with iPhone, the latest IOS release has pairing issues.

2 |3000

yeswhynot avatar image
yeswhynot answered ·

hi

does ip stands for internat power or internal protection or something like that?

when you say

The 65 is a plug in charger with clips for connecting to the battery. Once you finished, it can be unplugged, put away.

what do you mean by once you finished cannot be unplugged? unplugged from what?

The 67 is wall mounted, permanently wired, you would need a plug and cable between that and the wheelchair. what do you mean by permenently wired ? to what.?

can one add a 3 prong charging cable to the end of both of those chargers ? like for regular 646 se quickie powered wheelchair?

4 comments
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
The manuals and datasheets can be downloaded, have pictures which can help. I've no idea about the 646.

Both have a mains cable with plug for wall A/C socket.

Looking closer I see both, not just the 67, have lugs with screwholes holes on the case for mounting. I said wall, could be on the wheelchair.

0 Likes 0 ·
yeswhynot avatar image yeswhynot kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

ok tx and what do you mean byThe 67 is wall mounted, permanently wired,

you mean it need to be permanently pluged into the electrical outlet? why is that? cant take it with you in vacation?

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ yeswhynot commented ·

Sorry, I corrected myself in the last post.

If it was me, I'd mount it on the wheelchair, permanently wired to the battery and plug in to AC when needed. Both are weatherproof.

0 Likes 0 ·
marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·

@yeswhynot

IP65 - the unit is dust and water splash resistant

IP67 - the unit is dust and water immersion resistant

2 |3000

yeswhynot avatar image
yeswhynot answered ·

thx markp

anyone knows what the contributer meant by

The 67 is wall mounted, permanently wired, you would need a plug and cable between that and the wheelchair.

thx

1 comment
2 |3000

marekp avatar image marekp commented ·

@yeswhynot

IP designation applies to all electrical equipment and not only to those chargers.

It specifies the conditions (dust and water) the electrical equipment can be used in.

IP65 - the unit is dust and water splash resistant

IP67 - the unit is dust and water immersion resistant

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@yeswhynot

There are pictures of all the products on the product pages. They are good way to see of it is what you are looking for or will suit your needs.

Ip65 blue smart look further down, there are some neat accessories for connecting and disconnecting and fusing.

There is the ip65 automotive charger.

Ip67 waterproof charger.

2 |3000

Ulrich avatar image
Ulrich answered ·

There is a Wikipedia article that explains the individual IP classes in detail:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_Code

Regards

2 comments
2 |3000

We're going round in circles. Matthais already posted that and I've explained the rest as best as I can.
0 Likes 0 ·
Ulrich avatar image Ulrich kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

Maybe I didn't understand the question. I think it's about the IP classes? If the question is answered, then I am pleased.

0 Likes 0 ·
yeswhynot avatar image
yeswhynot answered ·

hi yes read the ip stuff it is ok both could do since there is no dust nor water risk at my place.

something i dont understand is this comment someone wrote.

can someone explain what it means ?

does that mean that the 67 can not be unplugged? what does permanently wired means ? to the grid?

tx

4 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Please look at the product pictures.

The IP67 only has M8 "hard wired" to the charger. The IP65 comes with different adapters (M6, M8, clamps ...).

https://www.victronenergy.com/accessories

0 Likes 0 ·
Did you not read my self correction? I said both had plugs, both had screw holes.

I also suggested mounting the charger on the wheelchair, with a permanent connection to the battery, so that all you had to do was plug it into the wall.

0 Likes 0 ·
marekp avatar image marekp kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

@kevgermany

Can you explain where is this "wheelchair" coming from?

How is it relevant to the original question?

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ marekp commented ·
Op said it was for charging an electric wheelchair, after a few posts.
0 Likes 0 ·
yeswhynot avatar image
yeswhynot answered ·

hello I reread the thread, first i should have told you that I am still learning english so thanks for your patience. Yes my application is to charge a wheelchair via its controler xlr (controler has a xlr female plug receptacle).

I do not wish to install the charger on the chair nor on the wall since i will use the charger for more than one chair and in different places. i ll try to be as clear as i can. the term permanently wired was confusing me because i could be interpreted as # you cant unplug it from the wall to plug it in another room's wall so here is a clearer question:

are both ip65 13a 24v and ip67 12a 24v available with a cord that plug in usa wall? i read somewhere that one of them was only for 230 europe wall but that was a while ago.

are there versions that charge with higher amps of those model?

correct me if im wrong but what i understand is that

the ip67 giving end has 2 metal circle (what is that end type's name)) and there are no options possible.

the ip65 has multiple options for the giving end.

------

that being said, my whelchair controler has a female 3pin xlr receptacle

is there a piece of hardware anywere available already made that i could connect to those charger that ends up with a xlr male end?

What would you do for the ip65 and ip67 respectively to end up in a situation where i have a xlr male at the very end?

thanks

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@yeswhynot

Permanently wired can also mean the battery end has a permanent connection to it

The XLR chord to the ip65 charger will be something you will need to get made up yourself. Like you say it has options for plugging in other ends onto it.

Buy the charger and modify one of them.

Ip65 plugs into any wall socket as well so is moveable.

The really question is though, is the XLR I put 12v?

0 Likes 0 ·
yeswhynot avatar image
yeswhynot answered ·

hum, I guess i should have put numbers before my questions to clarify where they are.

to answer your question the wheelchair xlp plug in the controler is pluged into a 24 volt charger on one end and inside the chaire there are 2 x 12v batteries.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic