question

kamflyer avatar image
kamflyer asked

VRM intermittently not updating

Very new to Victron. System is a Cerbo GX w/Touch 50, BMV-712 and Multiplus II 120 all with recent firmware updates.

For the most part, everything seems to be working OK but one thing is nagging me. From time to time, I notice the VRM will not update. I check the network connection (wireless via a cell MIFI device) and it is up, I can use the same AP with my laptop with no trouble. Usually it all comes back on its own anywhere from an hour or so to the longest so far has been about 12 hours.

Its acting like the Victron VRM server is not accepting the data. Is there a way to check the status of the upstream connections. If it is the server, it is driving me nuts trying to fix a non existing problem (at my end anyway).

Thanks -Rob-

VRM
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@KamFlyer

There are alot of background upgrades and tweaks happening right now on the vrm with new features. So I suppose it it to be expected.

If you are wanting more realtime monitoring with higher data resolution try looking at using grafana.

0 Likes 0 ·
sac-rv avatar image sac-rv commented ·
I'm also experiencing the same issue. My Internet connection is fine but the Cerbo has stopped sending the data.
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ sac-rv commented ·
Is this a new problem for you? There have been quite a few updates over the last couple of weeks.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
suggarman avatar image
suggarman answered ·

I did not get realtime data in vrm until i enabled two-way-communication in the console.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources