question

Alec Thyrre avatar image
Alec Thyrre asked

Is there a way to extend the Bluetooth range?

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

You can buy range extenders or transmitter/receivers. Look for Bluetooth 4 or 5.

But what is the problem? If it's inside something with metal walls like a boat, might not work.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alec Thyrre avatar image Alec Thyrre commented ·
Thanks for your response … yes it is in a boat and the bluetooth range is not great. Was trying to see what others have done.
0 Likes 0 ·
spikemixture avatar image spikemixture commented ·
Hi, Did u find an extender ?

I have my smart shunt connected to my solar setup in my carport. My work desk is 6 metres from the gear and no walls interfering and cannot connect . I can move to my door, 5 metres from shunt and works but of course that's bloody annoying...

0 Likes 0 ·
scott-henley avatar image scott-henley spikemixture commented ·
Hi, did you find something. I have the smartshunt in the back of my car and literally have to be leaning against the car to get reception (about a meter from the shunt). A bluetooth range extender might help but not sure what will work with the victron app and the shunt.
0 Likes 0 ·