question

wenlar avatar image
wenlar asked

DMC disconnect

I have a DMC connected to a Multiplus inverter/charger.

I would like to turn the multi off/on via VRM but realize this is not possible with a DMC installed. As I am not on site, if I can get a neighbour to simply unplug the rj45 cable from the DMC, will this then allow me to immediately see the switch options in the VRM or will I need a reboot .

note, I have my modem connected separately with a small inverter Connected to the battery bank.

Digital Multi Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

yes that will work - you may have to do a re detect under settings/multiplus/advanced

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wenlar avatar image
wenlar answered ·

Thank you. Paul B.

That didn't seem to work as I am still just seeing just"inverting" for the multiplus when in the VRM, with not option to "switch"

I'm wondering if I first need to turn the multi off manually and then go from there.

I would be grateful for any further advise.

Note, the firmware for the multi and the cerbo are up to date.

4 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
You need to use the remote console.
0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·
You must do the system re-detect as well also you must NOT have a VE.BMS unit connected as this give's the same issue as the DMC

Please use the VRM Remote console to turn it off and on.

0 Likes 0 ·
wenlar avatar image wenlar Paul B commented ·
I did the system re-detect in the remote console, several times. I do not have a VE bus BMS. I only have the cerbo gx connected to the multiplus, and a shunt connected to the cerbo via VE direct. I do have a relay 1 for the gen auto start, but I don't see that affecting anything.

Reading the manual, your suggestion seems to be the solution but for some reason, all I see is "inverting" in the remote console for the multiplus.

Do you think I should remove the rj45 from the multi as well as just unplug from the DMC?

Thanks for your help

Doug

0 Likes 0 ·
wenlar avatar image wenlar Paul B commented ·
It worked, took several hours to register but hey, I’m happy.

thanks

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic