question

Artthur Naidoo avatar image
Artthur Naidoo asked

Can I connect a Multiplus II to the ve.bus on my EasySolar system?

I have recently purchased a MultiPlus II 24/3000/70-32 and I intend to connect it to the ve.bus on EasySolar 24/3000/70-50 system. And have both devices powered from a single battery supply. Both systems will be feeding it's own ac circuits that are independent each other (i.e. not configured as a parallel/split system). Both devices are running on V490 software. I've connected the MultiPlus II to the EasySolar, this results in both system shutting down reporting an Error 10. I do have a VGX, can I use this device for monitoring rather than the Color Control GX on the EasySolar? Is there any I can configure the system to be monitored by the one GX device?

Venus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Hi, -You cant connect a multiplus II unit to a easysolar (the easysolar is basically a Multiplus 3000 plus a solar charger)

if you had a new multiplus 3000 with a 50 amp pass through then you would be able to set it up (I Think) as a split system and then have a L1 and L2 separte power systems - and thus have both connected to the one GX device.

But with the current two units you have this is NOT possible

Maybe try and see if you can change the Multiplus II 3000 for a Multiplus 3000 there is a diferance in price but not much and then the issue is that the Multiplus II is now secound hand Hmmm

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.