question

jsheehan avatar image
jsheehan asked

What size NH Fuses do I Need?

Here is my Offgrid Wiring Diagram. I am thinking of wiring my Pylontech batteries like this because I have researched that the Pylontech cables are only 25mm so if I bought 2 sets of Pylontech cables and by wiring it like this it makes the cable 50mm. I was wondering if someone could please tell me what size NH Fuses I should put in my Fuse Disconnect Switch. Kind Regards.

screen-shot-2021-12-02-at-113552-pm.png

Pylontechfuses
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Sander van Noort avatar image
Sander van Noort answered ·

Hi.

the Pylontech U3000 manual says recommended discharge from 37A.
With one Multiplus II 48/5000 the 2 U3000 units are not strong enough to supply the maximum
peak from the Multiplus II 48/5000, the manual says a peak of 120A on the DC side.

I would recommend to use at least 3 U3000 units, and use 63A or 80A NH per Unit.

Regards from Germany

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bombadill avatar image
bombadill answered ·

Did you go through with this route? I am curious, why did you not connect the pylontechs to the lugs in the distributor (not the busbar ends directly). You could have fuse there... ?

Also, what kind of fuses you ended up using - same as mentioned in the diagram (100A + 200A)?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron Pylontech battery compatibility guide

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic