question

rob-o avatar image
rob-o asked

Blue Smart Charger under voltage protection/detection

Hi,

I am looking for a way to automatically start charging a battery (LiFePO4) if it reaches a certain voltage threshold (under voltage protection), via the grid.

Looking at the manual for the Blue Smart Charger it mentions the following:

Lithium Ion compatible

Compatible with Li-ion (LiFePO₄) batteries; when the integrated LI-ION charge mode is selected the charge cycle settings are altered to suit.

If the charger is connected to a battery where under voltage protection (UVP) has tripped, the blue smart charger range will automatically reset UVP and start charging; many other chargers will not recognise a battery in this state.

From:https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Blue_Smart_IP65_Charger_manual_230V/en/features---ip65.html

I can't seem to find any more info on this feature/topic and would like to understand what is required for this to work, OR if there is another solution to automate this? The manual also does not show this mentioned in the Victronconnect application.

I currently have the Smart Solar MPPT controller and a SmartShunt that are configured in a VE.Smart Network, along with these being connected to a GX device (Raspberry Pi with Venus OS).

I understand the Blue Smart Charger currently does not support VE.Smart Networking.

The battery is not Victron.

Many thanks in advance.

Rob

charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
andri2bajo avatar image
andri2bajo answered ·

hi

try to check over BMV712 functionalities, i remeber something about this onto that.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rob-o avatar image
rob-o answered ·

Thanks, will have a read.

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
712 has an internal relay that you can program. Pretty sure that can work from battery state of charge.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic