question

rithym1964 avatar image
rithym1964 Suspended asked

RS 450/100 parallel arrays via one pos & neg cables

I am thinking of purchasing RS 450/100 controller which would be 60 meters away from an array of x16 - 330W Jinko panels. I already have a pos & neg 6mm2 cable in place over this distance. As the RS has two mppt trackers my proposal is to split the array into 2 x 8 panels to keep the VOC below 432V as per spec... the victron string calculator says this is fine and I could go up to 2 x 9 panels if I can find a couple more similar. Calculation Here

So, my question is to save on buying another 120 meters of cable can I Y parallel the two arrays in to the existing 6mm pos & neg cable and then just before the RS controller Y them back again to two separate arrays to feed in to the RS? Will this cause a fault or damage the controller?

Any help much appreciated

TIA

Here is pic of my proposal

wiring-proposal-rs-450-100.jpg

inverter rs
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi sorry but not that is not possible. Each PV input on the RS, in other words each of the two trackers, must he connected to its own array.

Shorting the two trackers together is not possible.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rithym1964 avatar image rithym1964 commented ·
Thank you for the information I will purchase more 6mm cable so the two arrays are separate and not in parallel
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic