question

solartech avatar image
solartech asked

Which size of the victron mppt charge controllers should I need if i want to use it with single solar panel JA solar 500w ? The battery to be charged is pylontech 48v 2.4kw

Hi,

Which size(model) of the victron mppt charge controllers should I need if I want to use it with just single solar panel JA solar 500w ? The battery to be charged is pylontech 48v 2.4kw , inverter is going to be 48v | 500 VA Phoenix. Do i need also to use cerb gx ?

Thanks

MPPT ControllersSolar Panel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
hjohnson avatar image
hjohnson answered ·

Your solar array needs to have a voltage at least 5V higher than the battery setup. What voltage is your proposed panel?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Unfortunately a single JA 500w solar panel does not generate a high enough voltage to charge a 48v battery.

You are going to need an 150v charge controller (input voltage) and 2 panels in series.

Use Victron online MPPT calculator. to see what panels/mppts are suitable.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual