question

play3000 avatar image
play3000 asked

System with LiFePO4 batteries and Pb starter batterie, charge by alternators

Hi,
I have 3x LiFePO4 batteries with BMS inside (no connection to the BMS possible, it is only internal BMS to each battery) 25,6V - 230Ah. I want to integrate them in the system of my camper (which is 24V system for alternators and on-board current) and a 2006 model.

Below the scheme of the system I am thinking of:

electricitecar.jpgBut, then, I am not sure how to connect the LiFePO4 batteries to the alternators, as the target:
- is to benefit the power of alternators but do not load more than 50A to each Li batterie (the BMS of the batteries will disconnect if charging load is above 100A)

- avoid to overload the alternators. I have the feeling to be at the limit of alternators... So, it is just to ensure I won't ask to much power to them and protect them. Is the Ciryx enough (ie: if I took a 230A, am I sure it won't ask more than 230A to the alternators)? If yes, which model should I use (specific Li model or regular model)?

Thanks for your advise
Play3000

Lithium Battery
electricitecar.jpg (1.7 MiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

johnny-brusevold avatar image johnny-brusevold commented ·

150Amp is a lot to regulate with external electronics.

I have built something similar in a boat with 3x100Ah and 2 alternators of 120A. It works, but not optimally.

If I were to build up the same thing again, I would go for regulating the alternators directly with a WS500 from Wakespeed or a similar regulator.

It is adjustable for both volts and amperes, and has settings for lifepo4.

Can also be configured remotely via can bus

http://wakespeed.com/products.html

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources