question

Obo avatar image
Obo asked

Remote console wrong colours

Hello,

I am getting the remote console but with the wrong colours, anyone know why? This is shown locally on my computer, do I need a config file or something?

Thanks,

remote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Obo

Looks like the red is missing from the render. So a display issue. Unless you have installed a custom OS on the GX.

Does it look fine on the gx? You don't mention which one you have, so not sure if you do have a screen or not.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
And now I see a previous post about a custom os....
0 Likes 0 ·
Obo avatar image Obo commented ·

It is a Venus GX and on the VRM portal it is fine.

I currently have a setup I believe is similar to Victron's Remote Console setup.

A Venus sets up a reverse SSH port forward, forwarding information from some port on a server I set up to port 5900 on the Venus. On the server there is a websockify WebSocket to TCP proxy.

On a web page's front end, I'm running noVNC to make a WebSocket request to this server which then proxies over to the port on the server that forwards to port 5900 on the Venus.

This basically is just a way of connecting my laptop into the Venus, without needing to be near it, and without needing to use the VRM portal. However, I am finding it has the wrong colors and is running rather slow.

I was thinking that perhaps I need some config files or something on my laptop or server, to render this correctly?

Interesting you say the red is missing, would this point to an issue with the Venus or with my methods of connecting?

I think I have Cerbo around somewhere so could try with that and a screen and see if we have any differences.

Thanks for the response, really appreciate it!

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Obo commented ·

I just ip address onto mine through the browser. No need for internet there.

Also did it that way when playing with a Raspberry Pi for a while.

And i have no idea on the color issue. Never tried without powering through vrm when away from site.

0 Likes 0 ·
Obo avatar image Obo Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Thanks for your help on the red, I think the colour is being sent over as BGR rather than RGB. So thanks for the input, I managed to swap the Red and Blue bytes in the core/decoders/hextile.js file, so that when it renders it renders correctly.

0 Likes 0 ·