question

js92 avatar image
js92 asked

Modbus Condition that started the generator

With a Siemens logo, a few relays want to switch based on the start stop generator function.

If I now want to read the conditions of the start I get the following message (see attachment).

1637359148900.png

I have also tried to read the manual start. I then give start address 3501 and then I get no error and my relay of the Logo does switch. Does anyone know what is going wrong or what the correct starting address is?

Modbus TCP
1637359148900.png (39.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
mikhail-petukhov avatar image
mikhail-petukhov answered ·

Based on the screenshot you posted, 3 registers are read starting from 3501. But according to the Victron CCGX modbus tcp document, only 3501 and 3502 exist. For the latest version of the modbus tcp document Rev. 40 register 3503 is still not used. Try to read only required and of course existing registers. For generator they are:

3500 Manual Start
3501 Condition that started the generator
3502 Runtime in seconds
----
3504 Runtime in seconds
----
3506 Generator start/stop state
3507 Generator remote error
3508 Generator not detected at AC input alarm

The register 3501 is read only and shows the generator start reason based on auto start / stop settings. If you need to start or stop the generator via modbus with a remote PLC relay, you must configure the GX - Generator auto start / stop first. Venus device built-in Relay 1 will control the generator by default. In your case, for the remote PLC relay, read register 806 CCGX Relay 1 state unit ID 100 and 0 = generator stop and 1 = generator start.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

js92 avatar image
js92 answered ·

@Mikhail Petukhov

Hello Mikhail,

Thanks for your comment.

I just want to read out why the generator starts and then Q1 should switch from my Logo.

I try to request 3501 via the logo, but then I get the error at the modbus page in Cerbo.

It is the start address that is in the Modbus list, but does not become strange movements.

I have the auto start stop function on with a hairdryer loaded in the system until I have to start my generator automatically.

2 |3000

mikhail-petukhov avatar image
mikhail-petukhov answered ·

@JS92 Try to check Logo's settings. Based on the CerboGX error report, Logo is trying read three registrs instead of one. And one of these three registers does not exist in the CerboGX. So, Logo should read register start address 3501, guantity 1 (instead of quantity 3).

2 |3000

js92 avatar image
js92 answered ·

@Mikhail Petukhov

i change the guantity 1 and now it wil work.thanks for that.

But now I come across the following again.

When I start the generator on SOC I also get the start for overload.

To check, I used Q2 for overload.

So both relays turn on when I now start on SOC of Overload, it doesn't matter.

I the pictures you can see it.

logo-victron.jpg

logo-victron.jpg (312.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources