question

rolandrrr avatar image
rolandrrr asked

Grid current limit not followed?

I have a Multiplus II 48/5000/70-50 and a Cerbo GX amongst other stuff.

I have set the AC input current limit to 4 Amps.
And so if it is charging easily, it sticks to the 4 amps.

But when there is a load on the system, which is greater than 4 amps, it just almost takes 6 Amps (5.6 Amps). Viewing the Multiplus through the Cerbo GX shows an input current limit that cannot be set lower than 6 amps. The loads can be much greater than the 6 amps, and the battery can easily deliver all the power, so the system and its power assist function work fine. But why does it exceed the 4 amps?

I also tried disabling the "overruled by remote" in VEConfigure3 on the multiplus file. This should block the Cerbo GX from messing with it.

I didn't do any ESS configuration on it, which I will at some point in near future.
However, for now it is just a semi-offgrid system which needs to stick to the 4 amps if grid power is available. And if the grid power is available it works in power assisting mode.

current limitinput current
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @RolandRRR

There's a minimum in the Multis, which can't be changed unless Power Assist is disabled. This a snip of a long list from VictronProfessional..

1637216483766.pngThere's 2 models listed there, your's must be the first. The GX knows this, and that's why it won't go below 6A.

Maybe limiting the charge A might help keep it down a little.

1637216483766.png (20.6 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rolandrrr avatar image rolandrrr commented ·
Thanks, didn't know that.

Mine is the last one in the list, so 5.7 Amps. Which is pretty much what I was seeing at 5.6 Amps

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic