question

petej avatar image
petej asked

Rpi with Reboot Device When No Contact causes reboot loop after graceful shutdown

I have a Rpi 3 B+ running Venus OS 2.66 running on a houseboat connected to a Battery Monitor. Works great most of the time. I've had some situations though where things would stop talking I suspect due to my cell connection going away. I'd like to use the Venus auto 'reboot when no connect feature'. Unfortunately when I enable this and then reboot the RPi (using a 'shutdown now' command from an ssh session to the RPi), when the RPi reboots the date displayed is about 5 days old. This triggers the auto reboot in Venus before the RPi has a chance to sync date/time with the internet. Is there any way to insert a sleep in front of the auto reboot watchdog feature so that after a reboot the RPi will have a chance to sync time/date before the auto reboot kicks off again? Not quite sure why the RPi comes up from a warm boot with the clock 5 days off but it seems to be consistent.

Raspberry Pireboot
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

You could add an RTC to the pi.

No idea about the no connect feature.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Raspberry Pi running Victron’s Venus firmware - Blog Post

Venus OS Large image: Signal K and Node-RED - Install

raspberrypi install venus image

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic