question

cardreader avatar image
cardreader asked

Resetting pin# on BMV-712 smart

I have lost/forgotten pin for BMV .I have tried to reset using puk mumber from the back of shunt (there is only 1 sticker on it with any letters & numbers ) but it keeps telling me wrong puk number . What is my next step ?

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Assume this is the bluetooth pin. Default is 000000.

Press reset and setup together and hold for 3 seconds. This should reset all settings back to factory. But if you locked the setup, you'll need to unlock it. Details in the manual.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

This might help:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/76560/battery-protect-and-bmv712-bluetooth-pairing-puk-c.html

PUK is not from phone or shunt, but is on a sticker on the back of the 712.

2 |3000

Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @Cardreader

The PUK code consists of 12 characters where each must be one of the following characters: "0123456789ABCDEF". Perhaps you read one of the characters as something different (like "1" for "L" or "0" for "O")?

When you are still unable to reset the PIN code, can you perhaps post pictures here of the stickers on the BMV?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

cardreader avatar image
cardreader answered ·

20211117-081142.jpg this is the back with sticker I was working from ..... no wonder I couldn't reset. Thank you all for your assistance .

20211117-081142.jpg (742.0 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

rodneyab avatar image rodneyab commented ·
photo appears to be bottom of the shunt. the numbers you want are on stickers on back side of the Round BMV.
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ rodneyab commented ·

Yes.

There's a photographic example from Victton in this thread.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/108524/victron-connect-app-android.html

0 Likes 0 ·