question

jokani avatar image
jokani asked

Multiplus only charging at max 13.7v

A new install, and I'm having some teething problems

• Multiplus
  • REC BMS
  • 800A LifePo4

I'm seeing very low voltage coming from the Multiplus, never gets higher than 13.7v at any state of charge.

Currently: Absorption, 100% SOC, +0.5A

These are my Multiplus settings:

configure-3.jpg

• No assistants installed
  • ESS switched of
  • Latest firmware
  • 95mm cables, near zero voltage drop
  • REC BMS end of charge voltage set to 3.58v/14.32v

The absorption and float settings I have entered in to VE Configure are those recommended by the battery manufacturers.

I have tried unchecking "Lithium" still only see 13.7v:

Not getting a high enough voltage is causing issues, such as the balance start voltage is never reached. The unit never floats only goes between bulk and absorption.

The are not ant REC BMS setting to control voltage, only to react to high/low voltages so pretty sure the problem is with the Multiplus.

Any ideas?

PS. The MultiPlus also seems to be missing some data in the left hand box, any ideas on that to?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerBMS
configure-3.jpg (60.1 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

aph avatar image aph commented ·
Hi Jokani,

did you find a solution to this?

I seem to have the same problem with my MultplusComact and my LionTron LiFePOs.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

I suspect that the MP sees the batteries as fully charged and is in float mode, not Absorption. Question is why? What voltage do you see on the batteries when the MP is disconnected? Did you reset the MP after configuring the settings. Manual/forced reset may do the trick.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.