question

tomdashen avatar image
tomdashen asked

VRM 2 factor token lost how to recover

I have a VRM portal account that enabled 2FA.

My current 2FA token is lost (Google Authenticator) with my phone broken. Now I can’t login VRM portal. How can I remove the 2FA so I can login?
VRM
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image Warwick Bruce Chapman commented ·
I have a client with the same problem. The Victron 2FA documentation does not mention recovering from this lockout. Please help @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager).
0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ Warwick Bruce Chapman commented ·

Thanks for the ping, I am discussing this with the VRM team.

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @TomDaShen

The 'self-help solution' is part of a security audit process, and pending those results and recommendations.

For urgent cases in the interim, it is possible for a manual override by a higher level administrator.

Customers will need to report the issue to their distributor, who can then escalate it to a regional sales manager (you might need to suggest this to the distributor), and then it will be addressed via the internal support system available to the Victron sales managers.

We are all looking forward to a smoother resolution process with regards to these 2FA lock-outs :)

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

peder-jacobsen avatar image peder-jacobsen commented ·

You can not mean that? We as customers use a software that you develop and deliver. When do you expect to have functionality in place so that we can reset 2FA ourselves?

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Have you tried the lost password process?

1 comment
2 |3000

tomdashen avatar image tomdashen commented ·
Yes i did. But it didn’t remove 2FA
0 Likes 0 ·
brdietdidi avatar image
brdietdidi answered ·

Did you find any solution? I‘ve got a similar problem. For any reason I don‘t have my Authenticator App connected to the VRM-Portal (my login is just not seen within the Authenticator App). On one client I need to login but it‘s impossible since I can‘t enter the Authenticator Token. On another client I‘m still logged in but I can‘t change the 2FA to eg SMS. I wonder, how it was possible to have a valid login withaut having my Authenticator App connected to the portal. But anyway, the question is, how can I login without having the possibility to enter the Authenticator token?

2 |3000

bobac avatar image
bobac answered ·

Hi @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)
pardone but the same issuer
1 had setup 2fa on VRM portal
2 my phone is lost without any option to be recovered
3 as you suggested I have asked my distributor
4 up to now (~ after one month) I still do not have access
could you please help

ps: in the 'support request' 's followup email (that I recieved from system) there is no request identifier (in the email body. title, when email is opened, in not really visible in some email clients). it might be useful in such cases

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi, thanks for the info.

It has now been reset for you.

0 Likes 0 ·
bobac avatar image bobac Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
Guy, thank you very much!!!

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources