question

timlauer avatar image
timlauer asked

VE Transfers Switch 5KA does not switch to grid when available

Hello, I just installed the VE switch between my house /Grid power and the 3 KW inverter. It does however not switch under any circumstances over to grid power when available. I measured many times and the power is definitely available from the inverter and the grid. Manual switching with K11 or K2 does not work either. It always stays on inverter power for the output.

I also noticed that indicator led is not illuminated on K=1 and K22

Switching off the inverter does not force to switch to grid. Any thoughts?

switch
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

Looking at the manual for this transfer switch, It should automatically switch to grid when 'Generator' is not on. When 'generator' powers up, the unit will switch to 'Generator' 10s later, whether or not the grid is up.

Question : Most Victron inverters are using an internal transfer switch, so why are you using this between the inverter and grid?

Test: apply 240V ac to 'generator input, wait the 10s for the relay k11 to engage. Test for 240V on terminals A1, A2, 15 and 18 of k11 ( with respect to N1 input). If voltage on 18, but not 15 then either the delay of k11 has not expired, or there is a fault with k11.

If there is no Volts on A1 or there is voltage on A2, then there is a wiring fault which will stop k11 from operating.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic