question

pda1 avatar image
pda1 asked

IP65 charger "sleeps" ?

I'm using the Victron IP65 12v charger with bluetooth built in.

My Battle Born battery 12v 100ah is brand new and never used.

So, I connected the IP65 to the BB just to top it off....

After a period of time....I don't know how many minutes...all of the lights on the IP65 turn off.

Question- is the IP65 still charging the battery even though the indicator lights on the IP65 are off?

If not, what does it mean when the IP65 lights are off even though it's still connected to grid power and the battery?

charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
pda1 avatar image
pda1 answered ·

Figured it out- the receptacle where the IP65 is plugged into is a switched receptacle- when I turn the lights off in the room....that turns off the receptacle the IP65 is connected to.

Oh well....

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
:D

Ok i will admit i did laugh a bit. Interesting wiring, never would have worked that out. Glad it is sorted though.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@PDA1

Something is wrong there. The lights stay on and should indicate where in the charge cycle you are.

You can connect to it and check it what it is doing when you first plug it together. Have you programmed it for your batteries using Victron Connect?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic