question

Dave avatar image
Dave asked

Bulk setting for Smartsolar 150\35 via Victron Connect App

I am changing the battery settings in the VictronConnect app for my Smartsolar 150\35 controllers and was wondering how you change\verify what the bulk charge voltage is? I only see settings for Absorbtion, Float and Equalization voltage in my app.

These are the settings I was told to use for my GC2 6 Vilt batteries

Bulk - 14.46v

Absorbtion - 15.3v

Float - 13.4v

Equalization - 15.6v

Thanks

battery charging
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Ed Woolsey avatar image Ed Woolsey commented ·

My mppt 100/50 does not have a pre-setting for gulf cart batteries. I'm not sure why. I also can not get the battery specific charging targets from the battery mfg. 100ah Frustrating.

Current settings...Absorp eq 14.4

Float eq ....13.8

Equ eq....16.2

Thoughts?

Thanks...

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

The short answer is that there isn't a setting for Bulk Voltage limit.

It's strange to me why the battery manufacturer would specify a Voltage limit for the bulk phase.
It would make sense to have a current limit based on the size of the battery, charge with as much current as permissible and then the Voltage limit would be the start of the Absorbtion phase.

Think of it another way, if the Bulk phase is Voltage limited to 14.46V, then how would the battery ever reach the Absorbtion limit of 15.3V?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

I think you mean 14.3 for absorption and that 15.3 is a typo

if thats the case then in the victron connect app. under settings then select battery and there you can see the settings you can also change battery type and override the settings

you set the absorption voltage (this is the bulk setting) and once reached then the absorption phase starts, and this is the timed period usually 4 to 6 hrs

then it goes to float.

so bulk and Absorption are used as the same figure (voltage)

found these on the web for APG GC2 Specs

1552132943558.png (13.2 KiB)
2 |3000

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

6V GC2's, alias 105's, are bog-stock generic floodeds, and the default Victron settings suit perfectly. They're designed to cycle in golf carts (hence the 'GC', eh). 14.4V Abs & 13.8V float is fine. If in storage 13.2V float would do.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic