question

roul1234 avatar image
roul1234 asked

Which size IP65 12v blue smart charger for AGM battery bank?

I have two 12v 130ah Leoch AGM leisure batteries connected in parallel (so I think 260ah total?) and am looking at buying one of the IP65 blue smart charger range. Which size charger would be best for this? Would the 12/15amp one be sufficient? I would like to charge both batteries at the same time if possible (so attach the charger to the positive of one battery and the negative of the other) as they are already connected together but not really bothered about super quick charge time as I will be charging them at home mostly!

charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
guy-cashmore avatar image
guy-cashmore answered ·

The single main advantage of AGM batteries is the ability to fast charge, which it appears you don't want!

Assuming you have discharged them to 50%, a 15A charger is typically going to take about 12 hours to recharge them together, I think that's acceptable.

Remember to set the charger in AGM mode as AGM have a higher charge voltage requirement compared to other lead-acid types - this is also the reason why AGM don't charge well using standard vehicle split charge (VSR etc).

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

roul1234 avatar image roul1234 commented ·
Amazing, thanks so much for your help!
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic