question

clayton-peppard avatar image
clayton-peppard asked

Multiplus Relay Programming

Trying to do some load shedding with the Multiplus Relays, actually the whole reason I purchased the Lynx Dist, MP, Lynx Shunt, and Smart Solar MPPT x2 is because i thought that this system would help me in my system.... however it has not.

how do I load shed to a hw/tank, allow air conditioning to run, or even less basic functions without a truly programmable relay..

I am a PLC programmer and millwright-electrician by trade, but cannot for the life of me figure out how to make the most basic required functions of an off grid application work with the so very basic means presented.

Is there a way to "write" your own assistants, or your own logic...?

When I see the words "programmable" I would assume I can program it!!!

Relay
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Clayton Peppard

Like any 'programming language', you have to learn how to use it. And you may well need to open the mind a little.. :)

Maybe start here and follow the links.. https://www.victronenergy.com/live/assistants:start

Also there's tutorials on VictronProfessional, which you'll need to sign into, but that's easy.

For that particular dump application, you could actually wire your hw (say) to ACOUT2 and switch it by voltage or SOC (say). Without even adding a high power relay externally, just using the onboard Multi relay. You may need to play with timers to deal with hysteresis or add an external switch to override it (via just the Multi's own signal terminals), but there's lots of options.

You'll need access to the Multi with either a MK3 adaptor or a GX device/web.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic