question

mattplowman avatar image
mattplowman asked

Cyrix-i 12/24-200 and 75/15 setup Question

I have a Cyrix-i 12/24-200 linking my starter (12v) to my house (12v , 165ah *2 AGM) , charging sources currently are alternator and shore power. Works perfectly and kicks in when the engine is started and set volts reached etc.

I am in the middle of a solar install , 2 * 75/15s for 160w (I know, small array for 2 MPPTs but real estate on boat meant I had to mix and match panel size so went for separate controllers for each size). I am going to charge directly to the house batteries (I do not need them to charge starter as alternator more then takes care of that). Not connecting loads directly to MPPT just charging house and loads feeding off house as per current set-up.

From the combiner manual:

"Bidirectional voltage sensing

The Cyrix senses the voltage of both connected batteries. It will therefore also engage if for example the accessory battery is being charged by a battery charger"

My question is , how will the combiner behave in this situation?

My thinking is that it will always be connected as it will sense a charge from the PV and connect the starter / house in parallel as per current operation. My worry is because the MPPT will not be connected to the starter that it may overcharge the starter as will have no sense of its voltage or capacity parameters etc?

mppt chargingCyrix Battery Combiner
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Product page Cyrix Battery Combiner