question

sparky27 avatar image
sparky27 asked

Multiplus turn load off when shore is disconnected

I'm working on the electrical system for an off-grid RV. I have a multiplus 2000 compact and a Dometic Brisk II high efficiency (11.5btu). The multiplus will handle the AC but my battery bank will not. I intend to only use the Brisk when connected to shore power. So, can the Multiplus be programmed to disconnect the Brisk when grid power is lost (in case of outage or if my generator runs out of juice) or would I be better off just adding a 15A breaker ahead of the multiplus on the shore connection side to power the Brisk when plugged into shore only?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerwiringshorepower
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Sparky27

It is better to not have it pass through the multi at all.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
shaneyake avatar image
shaneyake answered ·

The answer is yes, the Multi-functional relay can be programmed to turn off when grid lost. You will need another more powerfully relay to control the load tho.

But as @Alexandra said, better to just have it powered from the shore side and not off the output of the multiplus.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.