question

m-verbeek avatar image
m-verbeek asked

VRM Login errors on android device

Hi,
I'm using an old tablet with android 4.4.2 to run the vrm app which displays my system in my control room. A couple of days ago the tablet stopped showing any details on the vrm app. Tried to log out / in but am getting an error: unknown error, please try again in a few minutes. This error shows at the app login and at the login to the vrm portal through a browser.

I have also created a new admin account and tried to log in, this also did not solve the issue, same error message.

Tried on a different system and works perfectly there, so the problem only persists on the android tablet on both the vrm app and through the vrm portal browser login.

VRMVictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

My guess is that your android version is now getting to old,

Maybe install firefox browser onto the Android and see if you can connect by using that browser

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mikhail-petukhov avatar image
mikhail-petukhov answered ·

I have same issue on android 4.2.2 for vrm v2.2.1 app and chrome browser v71.0.3578.99. This is client version issue because demo access has exactly same error.

2 |3000

mikhail-petukhov avatar image
mikhail-petukhov answered ·

Android 4.2.2 + Opera browser v50.6.2464.201126 with "save data traffic" feature activated - works fine. Open VRM web, login, from web page option create a shortcut on the homescreen. Created shortcut looks and works exactly same as VRM app.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic