question

mike-1 avatar image
mike-1 asked

Limit Multiplus charge Current using DVCC. Will this also limit current from MPPT?

When I leave my boat for the winter I want to turn off the charger in the Multiplus but leave the pass through working to power some anti frost heating. I also have a BlueSolar Charger MPPT 100/30 rev2 connected to the Venus GX which I would like to still be operational and charging the batteries. If I limit the charging current to zero using the DVCC in the GX will that also limit the current from the MPPT?

DVCCcharge current limit
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
mike-1 avatar image
mike-1 answered ·

Well..... I've read the manual (should have done that before!) and I reckon that the MPPT WILL have it's current limited. So, how can I achieve what I want, i.e disable the multiplus charger but leave AC shoreline mains connected to the boat AND have the solar pannels charge the batteries?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

I believe their is an assistant that can control the charge current, based on a signal on the aux port. So short the aux port together and tell the assistant that when shorted the max charge is like 1A.

2 |3000

Elimac avatar image
Elimac answered ·

I think the best way to do what you want is to disable the internal Multiplus charger with VEConfig. Go to VRM, download the current configuration. Edit with VEconfig and upload again to MP.

Need some care and study first untill you are confortable with the procedure, before changing MP settings.

2 |3000

Related Resources

DVCC chapter in GX manual  

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic