Energy Meter ET112 for PV-Inverter on phase L3

Hello,

the PV-Inverter is connected to L3 , the ET112 is working:

1635167581629.png

bit shows L1, how can i select L3 ?

Multiplus-IIEnergy Meter
1635167581629.png (25.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

If you have a single phase system, (i.e. one meter ) then it will by default show up on L1. You may be able to use the configuration software that the meter is on L3.

Multiple ET112 Meters in one system

To connect multiple Energy Meters, wire each meter to a separate RS485-USB converter. Which are then each plugged into a separate USB socket on the GX device. See NOTE Below

Connecting multiple ET112 meters to the same RS485-USB cable is not possible: the ET112 meter has no display and its Modbus address can therefor not be changed.

Note You can connect the ET112 in parallel, just need to change the MOD address to another number using the Configuration software

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Phil Gavin avatar image Phil Gavin commented ·

I am also interested in this functionality.

In a 3 phase system, one tries to keep things balanced.

The ability to have solar generation on another phase is desirable.

I am in a situation where I only have 2 of my 3 phases cabled to my solar generation site.

(I think this excludes me from using the 3ph meter).

So I'd also like to assign an ET112 to a different phase.

0 Likes 0 ·
yvl avatar image yvl commented ·

Hello,

i just tried the Configuration Software for ET112, but i was not able to change the Phase, yes Modbus Adress is changeable but that does not matter in GX its stay's on L1.
I switched now the PV to L1, it does not matter that much it has only 0,6kw.

No smart solution for 1 phase in a 3 phase System is available ...

regards Yves.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Energy Meter Selection Guide