question

miya avatar image
miya asked

Transferring ownership of Venus GX

Hi All

I am in the process of selling my yacht - and the full Victron install will be going with the yacht to a new owner - including the Venus GX.

I assume I delete the Venus GX install from my VRM accounts, the new owner creates a VRM account - and then add the Venus GX to his VRM account - and that is it ?

Can anyone point me in the right direction - what steps I should take ?

Thanks,

Tim

Venus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Miya

Yes that will work.

You can also invite the new user with their email address to the install, set them with admin rights and delete yourself or they remove you. I have found this way work better. There is often less issues for the new user especially if they are unfamiliar with the system.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

miya avatar image miya commented ·

Hi Alexandra

Thanks - your suggestion sounds perfect - everything will just be there waiting for the new buyer - and I can show him around, Perfect - thanks !

Once he has removed my email address... do you know... will I then be able to create a new VRM account with my old existing email address - for use with the new yacht I am getting ?

Thanks

Tim

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ miya commented ·
Your vrm account will still exist as it is. You can have loads more than one install on it at a time. And you can use it as is with the next install or gx you connect to.
0 Likes 0 ·