question

macevedo avatar image
macevedo asked

Quattro 5k Overload

I have an installation with 2 Quattro 5k 48V setup in a dual phase system. The system has been working well for some days. We were running some loads with a total power aprox 6000kVA, when the system shut down.

We have been trying to restart it but the masterQuattro (L1) will remain blinking the Inverter on bulb and the slave (L2) will turn flashing some of the leds and then will light only the overload led and shut down after.

The L2 Quattro goes to bulk and inverter and then goes to overload.

We attempted to start the system in charger only and it started well in. Bulk and mains on, but shut down after 30 seconds.

What can I do to restart the system?

Lithium Batterygridinverter current drawovervoltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

Difficult question to answer. Can you provide a diagram and pictures of how everything is wire?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

macevedo avatar image
macevedo answered ·

This is the system. We have as you can see a dual phase, grid connected with PV and Baterries.

We were able to restart the system and the only issue we have now is that the L2 output seems to be a passthrough and not been supplied from the busbars and the PV in operation.

How can I check in the settings if the Quattro is having a DC issue and then how should I check it physically?

1552058967558.png (185.9 KiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

Please provide:
-what (kind of) batteries are you using (chemistry, bms?, etc)
-pictures of wiring / connections to batteries, inverters, fuses / breakers / etc.
-screenshot of inverter parameters (DC/AC voltage, state, etc)
-anything else you can think of

without that it's only guessing.

0 Likes 0 ·
macevedo avatar image macevedo boekel ♦ commented ·

We are using BYD Lithium batteries. The connection between the Battery bank and the Quattros (x2) us via a Bus bar system. Each of the 5k Quattro has a fuse in the positive line.

As mentioned in the previous note, the L2 Quattro is not inverting from DC, not from the batteries and not from the solar production. We checked the settings and sent the VE BUS configuration again in order to update the system but the issue remained.

We are guessing that the fuse of the L2 Quattro could have blown, but we are also worried the Quattro could have an inverting issue.

Below some screenshots from the CCGX.

0 Likes 0 ·
1552317789474.png (175.1 KiB)
1552317834557.png (177.2 KiB)
1552317928639.png (177.0 KiB)
boekel avatar image boekel ♦ macevedo commented ·

Ok.

What kind of fuse is on the DC side of the Quattro's? and what value? (do you have pictures?

It is difficult to see the DC readings of the quattro's because they show the values sent by the bms. I'm not sure you can easily overcome that (maybe set 'no battery manager' in the Venus) but I would always measure at the unit, this way you can check for voltage drops, check warm connections, etc.

I have to repeat the other questions, sorry about that:

-what (kind of) batteries are you using (chemistry, bms?, etc)
you state 'BYD': what size/ type / numbers

-pictures of wiring / connections to batteries, inverters, fuses / breakers / etc.
-screenshot of inverter parameters (DC/AC voltage, state, etc)
-anything else you can think of

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Battery Compatibility

Did You Know - How to create a battery profile for non-Victron batteries?

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic