question

peter-s avatar image
peter-s asked

DST Setting

I am not sure how the GX sets the time of day during the period of Daylight Saving Time. There does not seem to be an option in the menu, UTC (or GMT) is the only relevant option which is of course 1 hour out in the UK until 31st Oct when DST ends. This would not be a problem where it not for the fact that some energy suppliers time their low rates at the same time irrespective of whether it is DST or not which means changing the battery charging start time.

Venus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Remote console>settings>Date & Time>time zone.

Simples :)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

peter-s avatar image
peter-s answered ·

You can set the zone there of course but there is no setting for DST

2 |3000

peter-s avatar image
peter-s answered ·

Found it now, you have to use GMT rather than UTC

2 |3000

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

@Peter S

You can set your 'location' in VRM and it should just happen. It will get reported in Remote Console and the time will be correct, but it doesn't report what it's DS name is, just the Standard name.

That said, I think it jumped the gun by a day this year (~3 weeks ago for me).

2 |3000