question

mrizak avatar image
mrizak asked

Multiplus 48V 3000VA 35AMP - Multiplus AC IN not charging from generator after thunderstorm

Hello,
I have a standard Off grid solar configuration been running with it for 4 years now. Since the last thunderstorm, my Multiplus is not charging through AC-IN connected to my Diesel Generator but is charging through the battery input.
While my multimeter read 230 on AC-IN VE-Configure read 0V when the Diesel generator is ON.

How should I proceed to investigate further the root of the problem ?
A friend of mine suggested to it might be the relay is KO but i don't know how to test it and if I can replace it.

Thanks in advance!

multiplus in parallel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

I have a similar problem with a smaller 24V multiplus. I suspect damage to the AC board, but so far have not been able to test this.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mikhail-petukhov avatar image
mikhail-petukhov answered ·

It can be damaged "AC In" sensors that measure the availability and quality of 230V first and only then the inverter turns on input relay.

2 |3000