question

jsheehan avatar image
jsheehan asked

Is it ok to only have 2 x Pylontech 3.55kw 48v Lithium Batteries to run a Multiplus II 48/5000?

Does 2 Pylontech 3.55kw Batteries have enough power to run a Multiplus II 48/5000 inverter charger?

Multiplus-IIPylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Jsheehan

No. The compatibility page recommends 4 but the model is rated for 25A.

While the system will work, you will be discharging them over their continuous amp out rating.

A 5kVA can pull at full rating 83.33A. so you need to make sure at minimum you have a pack that can do that. More if you are starting pumps and you know you may pop over the 4000W

I am assuming you are using the us3000C

Continuous Discharge Rate (Normal Use): 1776 W , so if you have 2 then your max load should never be above 3552W.

The pylontec is also limited in how fast it should also be charged as well.

I dont know how suppliers are on your side, but where we are if they see a mis-sized pack and loads to high for the battery the warranty is void.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jsheehan avatar image jsheehan commented ·

This system is only going to be used on weekends and there won't be any more than 3000w being used at once. Does that mean it will be ok?

0 Likes 0 ·
marv21 avatar image marv21 jsheehan commented ·

Then limit the Power

0 Likes 0 ·
slazov avatar image slazov jsheehan commented ·
Hi jsheehan,

Have you build your system? How is it working? I plan to do almost the same, so victron multiplus 2 5000 48V with two pylontech batteries US3000C. I plan to charge them at night with off peak tariff which is 50% cheaper and use during the day. Also as back up in this unpredictable times. I also plan to limit the loads to 3,4 kW so that the current on the battery is not more than 37 A. Maybe later I will buy two LG bifacial panels becayse I live in apartment so that I can charge the batteries if there is no electricity available. Here where I live (Slovenia) the grid is really stable till now. But who knows in future... One additional question, is the inverter loud? Thank you very much. And have a nice day/night. BR.

0 Likes 0 ·
shaneyake avatar image shaneyake commented ·

US3000C is actually rated 37A and 74A peak. 74A and 148A with 2.

Multiplus-ii 5kva can actually draw 93A - 112A at max load depending on battery voltage and around 200A in worst case overload.

3000W on the AC side should work but you would be very close to the limit of the pack but with a peak margin you are probably fine. If you added a third battery you would then be sized correctly and could use the full 5kva.

0 Likes 0 ·